Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dirt 2 Access Violation How Can I Keep My Water Trough From Freezing?

How can I keep my water trough from freezing? - dirt 2 access violation

I have no access to electricity for hot water are not an option. There is a large consumption of water around 10 horses in pasture.I've heard that:
1. Put something into the tank .... whatever floats .... and the preservation of the freeze.
2. With a dual-tank ... get like a small bucket, place it in the cube and fill the space around the small bucket with soil or fertilizer to isolate.

Do you have experience with this?

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

Yes, we generally use a wooden fence and play the horse with him and keep the freezing of water, especially if they have several in the spring. Well, if it is very, very cold and remain so long in the time between driving frozen water ... but will be easier to break the ice hit the post with a mallet.

My turtle "Rock" said...

Sounds gross. But the flat area is insulated by a thick layer of horse manure and straw. one end is open, and the manure is on the pages below (open end) .. stacked one piece of plywood is placed in the top and there is more manure. Who "" every week and temporary workers in the battery to 90 or more reach, so the water does not freeze .. is a wooden box on the positions and a midden that work there. He keeps the pipe from freezing.

Bryce said...

I suggest, a kettle, but that does not sound like an option for you! A double insulated tank could do ... Or just make sure you can go into the tank a few times a day and break the ice on the surface.

If you have unprotected areas of the depression? Also under the umbrella could protect them from freezing solid.

Sienna said...

Cover with plywood and insulation, so a small room just big enough for a horse to water. I got mine, put one end through a fence and isolation from the rest of straw bales covered with a sheet and if the weather is so awful, that may help.

Melissa S said...

I would say a bullet in the tank, it works a treat. I doubt that it will not work because the assessment of the impact of climate in recent years, dirt and mud and just freezes.

Post a Comment